Saturday, September 12, 2026

Visiting Chattanooga

 

What is this, a travel blog? Well, no. Riff remains my occasional place to reflect on writing, television, music, and film, but this certainly isn’t the first or even second time I’ve shared some travel photos here and it probably won’t be the last. As a writer who continues to plug away at stories despite barely getting a whiff of financial compensation for it, I find travel can sometimes provide inspiration when it’s lacking. New places stir the imagination. So, with that in mind, I give you some of the sites in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This small city is just two hours north of my familiar Atlanta haunts and it’s proven to be a great place for quick getaways. Good food, a nice aquarium, unique sites, and some beautiful views. If you’ve never visited for a weekend, you should.

 

And just maybe, I’ll get a fun mountaintop-set story out of it.


The Incline Railway


Mountaintop View from Riverdance Restaurant

 

Bluff View Art District


Bluff View Art District


Chalk Alley


Winder Binder Bookstore


Parking Deck Treasure



All Image Credits: Matt Handle


No comments:

Post a Comment