Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Horror Hike Inspiration - Doll’s Head Trail

 

Photo Credits: Matt Handle

I’m lucky enough that my holidays tend to be full of relaxation, good food, and family time. So where to find some inspiration for my current creepy work-in-progress novel? This Thanksgiving weekend I decided to find it on a hike along Doll’s Head Trail. Located near downtown Atlanta, this short nature trail is built around a system of man-made ponds known as Constitution Lakes that were once pits for a long defunct brick factory.

The trail isn’t particularly long or difficult nor does the forested terrain stand out from other local nature walks, but what does make this trail so unique and so perfect for my purposes is the loop at the end of the hike. This loop features art made from found materials. Over the years artists have collected trash from around the ponds and created some very creepy tableaus that they have placed along the end of the trail to reward urban explorers. If some of these don’t inspire the dark side of your imagination, I don’t know what will. I hope you enjoy my pics below.














1 comment: